Would you like to #coatalong?


Have you got a wish list of things that you'd like to make? A quilt? A dress? A bag? Me...I have a wish list as long as my arm but one of the things I've been saying for - oooooh about three years now?! - is that I'm going to make myself a winter coat. It's become a source of amusement for Mr f&f each time autumn/winter comes along when there is no shiny new coat to wear. This year though I've decided to pull on my big girl pants and actually Do It (partly encouraged by the fact that my current coat is falling apart and I can't put anything in the pockets without it falling through the lining into Never Never Land. Very annoying!!!)


A couple of years ago I bought the Collette Albion Duffle Coat pattern but wasn't quite sure as it seemed like it would need quite a few changes to make it more feminine and then Grainline launched the Cascade Duffle Coat. Perfect! I've decided it will be my celebratory kids are back at school sewing project!


A chat on IG (where you can find me as @fabricandflowersuk) led a few people to say that they would also like to make a coat, and we thought it would be fun to sew along together in a #coatalong. Would you like to join in? It will be informal with everyone sewing the coat of their choice and helping/giving moral support to everyone else.


So, if you'd like to join in the fun (and maybe the odd bit of cursing!) all you need to do is come back early next week and I'll put together a blog post with an outline of the #coatalong with a view to starting Monday 14th September.

Have a great weekend,

Sx

Today's sky - some sun and still cloudy but no rain. Yay!


Labels: , , ,