Recent goings on!


My word, the last few weeks have flown by! I always forget how little I get to do sewing wise over the summer. However, a few secret-sewing projects have now been published so it's exciting to finally be able to show you these! First up are these giant pin-cushions that I made for a new to me e-zine, Make Modern Issue 7. It's a really good read with lots of patterns, articles and a modern medallion Block of the Month. There are some fantastic contributors in there so I'm really honoured to have made it in too.


Next up is a Colour Block cushion that is published in Issue 14 of Quilt Now. These blocks are a gentle introduction to improv and a great way of using up little scraps of fabric. There is also a scaled down version of the block to make a set of coasters.


Other than that very little has happened! There was the very exciting arrival of a new sewing machine which I had to have an immediate play on.....


...I used some Cotton & Steel scraps that I had lying around to whip up this little pouch and took the opportunity to play with some of the quilting stitches. It was lots of fun but I felt like a new sewist trying to find my way around the machine!!!! Hopefully once the kids are back to school (tomorrow!) I'll get some time to play and get back up to speed.


In the meantime there has been some stitching of a different kind with a small knitting project. I've made a start on a Hitchiker shawl, I'm a slow knitter but am hopeful that it will be finished for Autumn/Winter.

See you soon,

Sx

Today's sky - mostly grey with the odd splash of blue and lots of rain. Meh.



Labels: , , ,