Friday, 24 October 2014

A busy week!

Hey everyone! Is it just me, or is time flying by at warp speed at the moment?! It's been a crazy busy week with harvest festival x 2 (and on the same day too, I debated camping out at the school!) and then a phonics lesson with my 4yr old which included learning how to write 'van'. My 8yr old thought it was hilarious when we were talking about our day over dinner!


I also made myself a new bag!!!!! I am so very pleased with it - it turned out exactly how I had hoped, and I am super chuffed that my pattern matching worked - check out that front pocket!!!!!

It caused me quite a bit of head-scratching I'll be honest, and I had to recut one side panel to make it work, but it all came together in the end. The pattern I used is Michelle Patterns Messenger Bag - I'm reviewing it over on Sara's blog today as part of Purse Palooza (eek!) if you'd like to read about it in more detail - and I will definitely be making more of these. It would make an excellent Christmas present don't you think?

Other than that, my week has mainly involved receiving fabric parcels - yay! I was the lucky winner of a Fly Away bundle from Fabric HQ.....

Lots of Siblings Together bee blocks have been arriving - I asked everyone to make scrappy trips with no set theme, so it's going to be a riot of colour (and will hopefully all come together in the end!)...

And I treated myself to one of Karen's gorgeous scrap packs, so now I just need to decide on what to make with it all!

Hope you've all had a good week? The kids finish for half term today so sewing might be tricky over the next week, but I'll give it a good go! In the meantime, Mr f&f have got a weekend away by ourselves. I might be just a little excited!

Speak soon,

Sx

Todays sky ● overcast and drizzly. Boo!

3 comments:

Elsa said...

Such a sweet bag ~ love the fabrics!
Love Michelle's patterns ~ think I need to make this one!

Wendy said...

what a fab bag! I love your pattern matching on the front pocket, that's the kind of detail I'm either too lazy to do, or don't think of until I've finished the bag!

the running hare said...

It's a beautiful bag Sonia, I'm definitely going to give it a go. It'll be very interesting to see how the Scrappy Trip around the world works out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...