A sewing kit

Hey everyone! Firstly, thanks to everyone who stopped by and made a lovely comment on my Roses table runner - you really made my day!

Today, I thought I'd pop in and show you a little gift that I made for my husbands colleague, Sue. They've worked together for years now and Sue is a bit of a whizz at making and decorating cakes and has made us some pretty special ones over the past few years. Recently, she started a sewing course and I thought that, as a bit of a thank you (and to encourage a potential seweee!) I'd make her a little sewing kit.

I decided on the Pink Stitches Boxy Pouch Tutorial as I'd fancied trying out the pattern for a little while and it looks lovely and roomy for carrying stuff! I made some QAYG panels for the side - which was the longest bit! - and then followed the pattern. It came out really cute, if not a little bit novelty-fabric-tastic!

I also made a needlecase and pin-cushion using some scraps of fabric that I had lying around and the little sewing kit was all complete!

The Boxy Pouch is a great little tutorial and I will definitely be making more, but next time I will add in a little tab at the end of the zipper to help with opening/closing the pouch as I think it would add a nice little touch, and isn't that the whole point of handmade?!

And the best thing of all is that Sue was over the moon with her kit. Yay!

See you soon,

S x

Todays sky ● glorious blue with some wispy clouds

Labels: , ,