Jelly Roll Quilt Top

Hello again! I seem to have well and truly fallen off the blogging wagon at the moment, don't I?! I've been so busy working on different projects that I'm kind of at a loss of where to start so I've decided that I'm going to mostly start afresh rather than just have lots of show and tells. Hope that's okay with you?!

So, one of the projects that I've been working on is another quilt for Siblings Together.  Although I had enough fabric left over from the bee quilt I really wanted to make one that was a bit more boyish. I remembered that I had this Comma by Zen Chic Jelly Roll which I won at Fat Quarterly Retreat last year, which was just perfect!  I designed a top which was lovely and quick to make and by using a dark textured grey for the inset triangles I think it looks suitably boyish. Now I just need to quilt it......


When I posted a picture of the quilt top on IG, Justine from Simply Solids asked if I could make one for her using the lovely Chloes Closet 1930's repro's, so I made another (which Little Girl promptly asked to keep for herself!) which has been sent off to Trudi for some quilting magic - I can't wait to see what she does with it (it's guaranteed to be far more impressive than what I do!) and a pattern will be available soon.

Hope you're all having a lovely sunny day. See you soon, 

S x

Todays sky ● beautifully blue (and warm) with a few clouds. 







Labels: , ,