A Birthday Cushion

A little while ago it was a good friends birthday. I was debating what to get her when, on a visit one day she ooooohhh and ahhhhed over my Mini Charm Medallion quilt and a mini charm pack of Soho Chic that I had in my stash. Gotta love good friends for their enthusiasm!!!!! It all seemed quite serendipitous so I decided to go forth and make a Mini Charm Medallion cushion.

I am so very happy with how this has come out and how very different it looks to the original: much less quilting, much brighter colours. I have to confess I very nearly didn't hand it over as I rather fell in love with it, but sensibility reigned (along with Mr f&f who is feeling a bit over-run by cushions and blankets apparently!) and my friend is very happy with it, which is the most important bit!

The background colours pretty much all came exclusively from my Simply Solids monthly stash club (the textured bundle). I signed up to this back at the beginning of the year and am really enjoying receiving a few themed FQs each month. It's helping to fill in the gaps in my stash.....I'm especially looking forward to the purple month as these are seriously lacking in my collection!!! And it is so good to be able to find the exact right colours that I needed. The hot pink and orange are a linen whereas the green in a shot cotton (so similar to an Oakshott) and I love that the texture means that the colours aren't too flat.

For quilting I simply went diagonally from corner to corner and then spaced the lines about 1.5" apart. I even managed a zip closure on the back with a little flap to hide it!

Such a fun project! Hope you're having a lovely Bank Holiday weekend,

Sx

Todays sky ● overcast and grey but warm

Labels: ,