Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Siblings Together Giant x&+ Quilt

Hello everyone! I'm so excited today to finally show you the Siblings Together quilt from when I was Queen Been (ha!) back in November. I've been thwarted by bad weather making it really difficult to get a photo that did the fabric and quilt justice but I think I've finally managed it. So are you ready?!

Ta dah!!!!!

The quilt is based on a Giant x&+ block which finish at 20" using Mimi Chez Moi by Moda with some Kona Snow added in for a bit of calm.

Quilting this was an interesting (read challenging) process! It's the biggest quilt I've done to date and although I started off pin basting lets just say that after some unpicking I'm now a big fan of spray basting!!!! It is straight-line quilted 1/4" either side of the x and + seams which has created some fun extra crosses within the crosses!

The backing is an extra wide Botanics in Yarrow and I love it! It helps to balance and complement the quilt top, and did I mention that it's Botanics? What's not to love?! The binding is a 'scrappy' collection of three different colours of the same print from the Mimi range.

So, quilt stats:

Pattern::: Giant x&+ block
Fabrics::: Mimi Chez Moi by Moda, Kona Snow and extra wide Botanics Yarrow
Wadding::: Sew Simple Super-Soft Cotton Blend
Size::: 60" x 80"

I feel so privileged to be a part of this bee that has been sponsorsed by so many generous companies and would like to make a special mention to those that donated towards the making of this particular quilt - Moda Fabrics, Fat Quarter Shop for the backing and Lady Sew and Sew for the wadding



       
            
      


And of course a big thank you to all my Bee mates for making the gorgeous blocks for me!

Sx

 Todays sky ● largely grey and wet. It's getting a bit boring now!

7 comments:

Flying Blind... said...

It looks amazing!!
I have my FQ bundle to ponder over for the next month or so, hope I come up with a cracker too! xxx

Archie the wonder dog said...

It's fabulous!!!

Wendy said...

It's beautiful, well done! The solids really set the x and +s off

Jo Jo said...

Fabulous job missus! It looks great and there's even a bit of blue sky :)

pennydog said...

Lovely! I like the quilting :)

Lynne said...

Wow! What a beautiful quilt! The colours are gorgeous, they compliment each other perfectly.

Nicky said...

All been said before but it does look lovely! Well done on your first big quilt of this size!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...