Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Stamp It Up Swap

I mentioned a little while ago how Nicky had been a very bad influence setting up a swap for fabric stamping and showed you some stamps that I'd had a play with.

I'd been thinking of doing a different stamp but my swap partner commented on my Flickr picture that she loved my attempt at seed heads so I set to and printed some fabric, using an off white for the base (I think it's putty as it came in a scrap pack that I picked up from Justine at FQR)

Not long after I'd signed up for the swap I was reading through some blogs and saw Rachel's fabulous Mini Open Wide Pouch and thought it would make the perfect gift. Who doesn't love a mini pouch?!
Hand stamped mini open-wide pouch by fabricandflowersuk

I used a navy for the bottom and added some red running stitch along the edge which in retrospect I should have done with a slightly thicker thread as it doesn't really show up as much as I would have liked.

We weren't meant to include any gifts with the swap but I knew from a good bit of stalking that Amy was building a wonky village so thought I would make a little wonky tree.


I had so much fun making this for Amy and look at the amazing printed notebook that I received from Lisa (Gertie Pye). Isn't it amazing? I just love the stamping, it's so me!
Stamp It Up Journal cover
Hand printed journal cover by Gertiepye

Yesterday I had another little play, I'm thinking of using it to stamp a logo on bags for the craft fair


Thanks so much to Nicky & Helen for organising the swap and to Lisa for sending me such a lovely gift.

S x

Todays sky ● overcast and misty. Boo!

1 comment:

Nicky said...

You were obviously meant to do this Sonia - not only is your pouch gorgeous but your bog name stamp is brilliant!

Totally happy to take the blame for this!

Love Lisa's notebook too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...