Back to School!

Look at that! The whole summer has flown by and this morning saw the last minute panic, shouting cajoling to get everyone out the door and to school on time, not made easy by the fact that Little Girl has moved up to Middle School/Juniors and starts 10mins earlier. And Little Boy started school today too. A whole half day. Apparently it was 'The best day EvEr!' and I'm just hoping he feels the same tomorrow morning!!!!

Quite a landmark day for me: once all the half-days are over I'll have two in school and one at nursery three days a week. There will actually be time for me: I'm very excited by all the possibilities but confess to starting to think about me and my goals......I'll let you know if I come up with any revelations!!!!!

So, what has the summer meant to us then?! Lots of cake - we had two birthdays in two weeks which is lots of fun but a little bit of a sugar over-load!

Our first family camping trip! It went really well (although I forgot to pack the matches - a school boy error and really annoying when you're desperate for a cuppa. Thankfully our friends bought some with them). I even managed a little bit of EPP.

We did some local day trips, one of which was to Lymington to try crabbing. I'd never been before and it was beautiful, somewhere I'd definitely like to visit again

Sewing wise, I've finally finished all the wonky stars for my William Morris quilt, so now I need to finalise my layout, sash and quilt it. Put like that it doesn't sound much, but I'm sure it will still take me a little while to finish it all off!


I've  also signed up to Nicky's Stamp It Up swap - I've been toying with the idea of trying lino cutting for ages and this was just the push I needed (although if anyone asks, it's all Nicky's fault, she made me do it!). I had a quick play at drawing some stamp ideas and carving one out, and can't wait to do more at the weekend!

Finally, I made a little present for my Mum which I'll be back to share with you tomorrow!


See you soon,

S x

Todays sky ● glorious blue and baking hot!

Labels: , , , ,