Friday, 6 September 2013

Archie

Last week I had the opportunity to go in and see my Mum for the first time since she went into hospital for her recent round of treatment. It's been quite brutal this time round and she's been having some alright days followed by some very not so good days.

I really wanted to take a little something in to cheer her up and after a bit of pondering I remembered the Denyse Schmidt Patchwork Dog. My mum loves dogs. It seemed the perfect gift! I picked up a couple of Happy Go Lucky mini charm packs from my local shop to save time as I only had a day to make it in

The two sides went together very quickly. The green sashing that joins them together not quite so easy - a bit of a faff, to be honest - but we got there eventually. I was going to add some button eyes but didn't have quite the right shape/colour and decided in the end he looked good without so just added a nice ribbon for his collar. Doesn't he look smart?
Archie the patchwork dog by fabricandflowersuk
He really didn't want to go in the bag - he was far too keen to see what was going on around him! - and I felt a little mean when I covered his head with tissue paper!

Best of all, my Mum loved him and immediately named him Archie!

Hope you all have a great weekend,

Sx

Today's sky ● grey and overcast with rain. I think Autumns coming!

11 comments:

Thomasina Tittlemouse said...

So sorry your Mum's been having such a difficult time. Thinking of her and hoping things pick up soon. No wonder she was cheered by Archie! He's gorgeous! Looks quite a fiddle to put together but so worth it! He oozes cheerfulness and I don't think anyone could fail to be comforted by his presence. You are a daughter in a million! E x

Isisjem said...

Archie is great. I've been meaning to give that pattern a go forever. Hope your Mum is better soon x

pennydog said...

There's a similar snail pattern I'm gonig to try out eventually in Popular Patchwork. Mini charms are a great idea and he looks fab!

Anna said...

Fabulous present! Hope she is doing ok x

Flying Blind... said...

Beautiful gift for your mum xxx

Sarah Lou said...

He's so cute! Really glad to hear that he cheered your mum up x

Jo Jo said...

Love him! What a gorgeous present and best wishes to your mum X

Lynne said...

He's lovely! He looks so bright and cheery, he'd make anybody smile. Hope your Mum is feeling better soon.

heart of charnwood said...

What a lovely gift, hope it put a smile on your Mums face when she hasn't been feeling well. x

RobotMomSews said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! he is SO cute! I love him. I hope he cheered your mom up and that she is feeling better!

snufflecrafts said...

Am loving Archie Sonia. Can see why your Mum was so pleased with him xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...