Feeling Christmassy...A Lacey Wreath


How are you getting on with Christmas? I'm slowly getting there. Well, I've thought about presents, thought about wrapping, thought about quite a lot of things in fact.... just not yet done any of them properly. Still, I'm slowly getting into the festive spirit. 

Since about September I've been thinking about doing a fabric wreath and then they've been popping up everywhere on Pinterest, and my craftiness was piqued! Have you seen how fabric hungry they are though?! About 1.5-2m per wreath depending on how full you want them and I didn't have any/enough of the colours to hand to make one up, and didn't want to spend too much on it. 

And then, at silly o'clock one morning, I had a sudden thought! A good friend of mine had happened across a bag of lace when clearing out her loft a little while back and offered it to me and it had since sat unused amongst all my other bits and bobs. And I thought 'ooohhhh, that would make a perfect snowy, lacy wreath!'. So I was off! That morning, I popped into my local florists and picked up a wire wreath base for about 90p!













I set to chopping up all my lace into 4-5" lengths and tied them on to the wire wreath (you can find a tutorial here)....


...I then added in some strips of organza to fluff it out a bit more and then I was ready to pimp decorate it. I got these pretty decorations from Hobbycraft, some of them needed some thread hot-glue gunned onto the back but then I was all ready to go!



Beads were added, cotton was tied....

Lacey Christmas Wreath Close Up by fabric&flowersuk

























And then it was all ready to hang up with some twine...
Lacey Christmas Wreath by fabric&flowersuk




















It looks very pretty in our lounge and was so much fun to make. I'm even starting to think about digging out our Christmas decorations now.....!!!

Sx

Todays sky ● overcast, misty and cold but oh so pretty!


Labels: , ,