Sunday, 11 November 2012

This week has been mostly about...


...playing hooky catch-up! What with the move I'd fallen behind (by nearly a month at one point - eek!) but have now finished October and am starting on November. Yay!



But wowsers, those ends have gotten away from me again! There's going to have to be a lot of darning of ends done soon - I've got some long car journeys coming up when I think this will be the perfect activity! Hopefully I'll get some full blanket pictures for you (ends and all!) later in the week


...finishing up a patchwork cushion I'd started a little while ago with some scrappy binding. I'm really pleased with how this came out and am looking forward to doing a proper ta-da on it as I did go on a bit of a journey with it!





...starting another EPP project! I found patchwork really theraputic so with a small bundle of fabric that I'd picked up at the Knitting and Stitching Show and my new fabric glue pen (which is awesome!) I made a start on another project using Katy's Spring Carnival pattern

I cut and prepped some of the pieces on Thursday night and this is where I've got to so far. So much fun!

...having family fun on a day trip to Monmouth yesterday (one of my favourite places!) and another family walk today, enjoying the glorious sunshine that we've been having

I hope that you've all had a lovely weekend too, 

Sx

Todays sky ● beautifully blue

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Your blanket is looking great! Good luck with the ends - they're never fun. Your patchwork is beautiful, I like the hexagons. Thank you for the tip about storing fabric deals. I had thought of keeping squares of fabric, but couldn't think how to attach the details to them - sticking them in a book is genius!!

Thomasina Tittlemouse said...

Lovely pics of your WsIP! Can't wait to see your finished sky blanket! I just so love the fact that it's unpredictable and is dictated afresh every day! Your fabric glue pen sounds rather useful - does it replace basting? If so, what a dream for paper piecing! Enjoy! E x

Sonia said...

You'll have to tell me how you get on with the scrap book - I love the idea of it and looking back in a few years. Would be a great history document! x

Sonia said...

THe glue pen is fab E - it's by Sewline, replaces basting and is completely washable. And it goes on blue so that you can see which bits you've glues! Definitely helps with the paper piecing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...