Creative goodies!

It has to be said I had a very good post day the other day. All ordered by me - for me! - but still, it's nice when Mr Postie comes a knocking at the door, especially when it's with three parcels with your name on!!!

First up was some tissue paper for wrapping up my orders in a lovely turquoise colour...















...although having found some fab tutorials for pom pom flowers I'm sorely tempted to have a go!!!

Second was some fabric. I've really enjoyed my tentative forays into dress making and want to have a go at some other patterns that I'd got on sale.....decisions decisions over what to go for though!















I'm thinking a Lisette Portfolio Tunic out of the cord (which is a plum colour) for winter/autumn and then the swallow fabric I'm a bit undecided - probably the Lisette Continental Blouse. Decisions, decisions!

And in the third parcel was the new Lisa Lam A Bag for All Reasons. Oohhhh I was very excited about this I can tell you! I've had it on pre-order for what seems like ages now so was very excited to finally receive it.


I've had it for nearly a week now, picking it up and having a browse each day and have to say I'm really pleased with it!

The first thing to say is that it's spiral bound. I love spiral bound books - it just makes crafting so much easier when you're not trying to weight your book open at the right place with a pair of scissors which you're going to invariably need at any moment (or is that just me?!)!!! The techniques section at the front of the book is largely the same as in The Bag Making Bible with the exception of a new slimline concealed top-edge zip technique, but it's still a very useful reference tool and will at least save me switching between books during a project.
Book Image © Lisa Lam
















There is then an overview of all of the projects available - the ones that are on my hit list (so to speak!) are the Too Cool for School Satchel and the 3-in-1 bag. I also keep eyeing up the wallet as mine is starting to look a bit jaded and I think the vanity case would make a lovely present.
Book image © Lisa Lam
Book image © Lisa Lam





















I have found that this book flows better than the Bag Making Bible - techniques, overview of all the projects, projects - and it is easy to flick to the instructions for each bag as the pages are bordered by fabric that was used for each bag. My only complaint is that some of the fabrics used are so pretty and I can't find anywhere in the book details of which fabrics are used for which bag. I'm just curious, what can I say!

A further improvement on the original book is the three full size pull-out pattern pages at the back of the book so no tracing required. Just cut and go!!! The only thing that would be really helpful would be an envelope at the back of the book that the pattern pieces could be put in for future use - I try my best to be organised but it does go awry quite often and it would be a pain to lose any pieces - but that is just me being very picky!


A friend of mine is due to have a baby any day now so I think I'm going to have a go at the baby travel mat - I cut out all the pieces last night so I'll be able to give a review of the pattern soon!





















Hope you're all well,

Sx

Today's sky • overcast



Labels: , ,