Cozy cushions!

Back towards the beginning of the year, I was 'chatting' with fellow ravellers about present ideas for an important wedding anniversary and very cheekily gave a link to my Celtic Love Knot cushion and even more cheekily suggested that if they liked I could always make one for them if they were interested.

My original Celtic Love Knot Cushio

















Thankfully, Textureknits didn't think I was too cheeky and said 'Yes' she would like me to make her a cushion for a Golden Wedding Anniversary. A little while later she sent an email saying "Can you do horses?". Now I'll confess that I've never before done a horse but I figured that I can't not do a horse and I always like to push myself. So I said yes - accepted the challenge! - and set to. Ooh, I was nervous about it though!
Cushions all set and ready to stitch!
















The colour schemes I was given were dark brown/chestnut horse on a black background. I'd originally been thinking of free-machine embroidering around the outside but decided that this wouldn't give enough contrast and instead went for a more solid outline with zig zag stitch. I also spent a lot of time on the mane and tails wanting to capture as much movement on them as possible....I can tell you there was a lot of tongue-sticking out in concentration, pondering, adding a bit more stitching, a bit more pondering and then finally deciding that they needed some highlights!!!
A close up of the finished horses















I'm really pleased with how it came out in the end and hope that the recipients of the cushions will like them as much.

We met up at Wonderwool last Saturday and I handed over all the packages. Would you like to see the finished cushions in all their plumpness on the sofa?!
   
 

Textureknits also asked for a notebook at the last minute - I think it was for a teachers gift -  but in the end she fell in love with the sheep on the front and didn't want to let it go but shhhhh! I won't tell if you won't!!!!
Hope you all have some lovely plans for the Bank Holiday weekend, 

Sx

Todays sky ● overcast



Labels: ,