A bit of knitting

Did you all have a good Easter weekend?

We had fun catching up with relatives (more on that tomorrow). I just wanted to pop in and say 'Hi!' And also to do a little show and tell on a shawl I finished a little while ago and finally got around to blocking this week.

I got the wool a while back and talked about it  here when I was just about to do the massive increase row which would mean going up to about 400 stitches. I'm sure that for a lot of you knitters, that's not too scary but it's not something I've done too often it has to be said. The rows did take a long time, but I am really pleased with how it came out. I even managed to block it successfully which really helped with the drape of the fabric, so this felt like a project of many firsts for me!
















So, details;

Pattern::: Mara shawl
Needles::: 4mm
Yarn::: Trekking XXL
Modifications::: I knitted the body of the shawl in stocking stitch instead of garter stitch as I was only using the one ball and wanted it to be as big as possible!

I've gifted it to my friend who was really pleased with it, which was a bonus. And am now wondering if I should make myself one someday?!

Catch up with you all soon,

S x

Todays sky ● grey with rain. Meh!

Labels: