Time flies!

Ohhh, look at that! Over a whole week's gone by. How did that happen?! This tidying lark takes a lot more time than I thought it would!

Other than sorting, clearing, tidying and cleaning I spent the weekend visiting my folks down in Wiltshire. Seems a bit silly to tell you about it now as we're only two days away from the next weekend! Anyhoo, the weather was lovely on Saturday so we headed to a nearby town with food for us and the ducks. The Littlies loved throwing in the bread (although I had a minor panic whenever little boy got too close to the edge - he has no fear!) and the ducks and swans were very well fed by the time we headed home.




















One of the things that I rediscovered at my folks place was a quilt I made about 15yrs ago! I kind of remembered doing it but had completely forgotten about it! It was one of my summer projects whilst I was at uni (so I guess I must have been around 20yrs?) and I machine pieced it together. Some of the fabrics are really nice but they don't really all go together and my piecing isn't perfect...I remember not feeling entirely satisfied with it when I finished.




















However, as a first attempt I guess it's not too bad and my mum was actually saying that they use it lots and got a bit concerned that I wanted to take it home with me (I didn't!). Quilting is something I've been thinking about for a while as I would love to make a proper quilt cover but I think I might have to build myself up to it. It scares me a little.

Progress on the sky blanket has also stalled as I've run out of one of the colours. Disaster! I'm hoping to pick some more up on Sunday and then there'll be a bit of catching up to do. I've been really surprised by how much I miss my post-lunch hooky so it will be good to have a full yarn stock again.

Instead I've been doing a bit of sewing and managed a new notebook made with some of the fabric I bought the other week which I'll be adding to my shop














Hope you're all well,

Sx

Today's sky • overcast...with fog!

Labels: , ,